- 2 New York Strip Steaks, about 1 1/2" thick, fat trimmed
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning
- "shortcut" chimichurri (recipe follows)
- One hour before grilling, remove the steaks from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill to 350 degrees. Pat steaks dry with paper towels, drizzle both sides with olive oil, then season liberally on all sides with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Place steaks on grill and shut the hood, watching to make sure it maintains an even temperature of 350 degrees. Check occasionally to make sure there are no flare-ups - if there are, use tongs to gently move the steaks to a cooler part of the grate.
- Cook steaks 8 minutes per side, turning only once, for medium-rare. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing into 1" strips. Eat!
- 1 package Grill Mates Zesty Herb Marinade
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems & leaves
Add all the chimichurri ingredients to a blender and purée until almost smooth. I like to leave some pretty flecks of the fresh cilantro visible. Transfer to a small bowl and serve extra alongside sweet potatoes and steak.