- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, shredded
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 heart romaine, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 bunches scallions cut into ribbons
- 1 grilled garlic chicken breast (or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 mango, diced or cut into matchsticks
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, halved and sliced (I like to keep the slices together on one end so I can fan them out and make a pretty presentation on top of the salad)
- lime wedges for garnish
for the spicy peanut sauce:
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or sambal oelek, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- Make the peanut sauce by combining everything in a jar and shaking it up.
- Place the cabbage and kale in a large mixing bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and a sprinkle of salt, and use both hands to vigorously massage the leaves until they starts to soften and break down, about 1 minute.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken, then add to the bowl along with the romaine, carrots, scallions, and half of the cilantro.
- Drizzle on a couple tablespoons of dressing, and toss everything together to that veggies are all lightly coated.
- Transfer to 4 serving bowls, then top with mango, cucumber, and avocado slices. Sprinkle peanuts and remainder of cilantro over the top, drizzle on a little more peanut sauce, and garnish with a lime wedge. Eat!