For the condensed coconut milk:
1 13.5 can full-fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
For the coffee granita:
2 cups plain cold brew concentrate (or chilled strong coffee)
1 cup water
3/4 cups granulated sugar
To prepare the condensed coconut milk:
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. It will bubble when it boils so keep a close eye on it.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for about an hour. The mixture will reduce by about half and will start to thicken.
- Transfer to a heat-proof container and chill in the refrigerator. The condensed milk will continue to thicken as it cools.
To prepare the granita:
- Add the cold brew concentrate to a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and sugar and heat over low only until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the sugar syrup to the cold brew concentrate and mix well. Refrigerate for about an hour, until cool.
- Pour the mixture into a 13x9 inch baking pan (metal will promote faster freezing than glass) and place in the freezer. After an hour, run a dinner fork through the mixture to break up any ice crystals that have started to form. Repeat every 30 minutes for the next 2-4 hours, until granita is fully frozen into fluffy crystals. You can keep it in the freezer until you're ready to serve and fluff again with a fork just before serving.
- Portion granita between the serving vessels of you choice (fancy cocktail or wine glasses work great here).
- Drizzle with condensed coconut milk.