- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk or almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- coconut oil for greasing pan
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, plus more for topping
- optional toppings: greek yogurt, berries, & syrup
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chia seeds. Add eggs, maple syrup, greek yogurt, milk, and vanilla, and whisk just until mostly combined - it's okay if there are some lumps, but you don't want to overmix. Let sit for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight so the chia seeds can bloom.
- When ready to cook, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough coconut oil to coat the entire bottom of the pan. Test the heat by sprinkling a drop of water on the pan - if it sizzles, it's ready to go. Use an ice cream scoop or a 1/4 up measuring cup to drop batter onto the hot coconut oil. Immediately drop a few blueberries onto each pancake.
- When the first side is golden brown and you see bubbles formed on top of batter, flip and cook another minute or two until pancakes are cooked through. Transfer to a plate and top with greek yogurt, berries, syrup, or whatever you love (Phoebe votes for whipped cream.)