for the burrito filling:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups verde enchilada sauce
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 poblanos peppers, chopped
- rice or cauliflower rice
- shredded romaine lettuce
- black beans (read post above for my cheater's "homemade" recipe)
- pico de gallo
- mashed or cubed avocado
- lime wedges
- optional: sour cream and shredded mexican blend cheese
- To the slow cooker, add chicken thighs, enchilada sauce, chopped onion, and poblanos. Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred it, then return to the sauce.
- Set out all the toppings, and let people build their own burrito bowls. I like to create a "bed" with the black beans and rice, then arrange everything else on top, ending with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro. But you do you!
- And this is of course also delicious rolled up into a wrap-sized tortilla for the ultimate chicken burrito. Enjoy!