1 1/2 tbsp of ghee or olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt and pepper - add more to taste later
1 - 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1 clove of garlic, chopped
24 oz of butternut squash, diced
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
32 oz of vegetable broth
1. In a large stove top pot, add the oil and bring up to a medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion and saute for about 5 minutes until it starts to become translucent.
3. Add the spices and stir with the onions, cooking for another 5 minutes until the spices are fragrant.
4. Add the chopped garlic and butternut squash and saute with the onion and spices for about 15 minutes until the squash has started to soften.
5. Add the apple and stir into the squash and onion mixture.
6. Add the broth and bring the soup up to a boil. turn down to a simmer and cover, simmering for another 10 - 15 minutes until the squash has softened.
7. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes before adding the mixture to blender.
8. Using either a hand-held immersion blender or spooning the mixture into a blender, blend until smooth. You can add more or less stock depending on how thick you prefer your soup. Taste and adjust salt as needed.
9. Serve warm. enjoy!