For the crust:
For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup candied pepitas (pumpkin seeds), for topping
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, for topping
- whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Process cookies in food processor until fully crumbled.
- Add coconut oil and pulse until well combined, then spread the mixture evenly among the tart shells, making sure to push some up the sides as well. It should be nice and thick!
- Place tarts shells on a baking sheet, then bake for about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine pumpkin, both sugars, spices, and salt, and cook for about 5 minutes until thick and smooth. Remove from heat, and add coconut milk and eggs, whisking until fully incorporated.
- Allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into prepared tart shells.
- Bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
- Top with candied pepitas and ginger, and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy immediately or chilled.