- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla liqueur or 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- pinch of salt
- for serving: whipped cream, marshmallows, crushed candy canes
- Combine milk, cream, cocoa, and sugar in a large heavy saucepan, and warm over medium heat just until it comes to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and continue stirring until cocoa and sugar are completely dissolved. Add peppermint extract (either liqueur or vanilla extract) and salt.
- Divide among 4 mugs and top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and crushed candy canes. Drink up!