- 2 cups pitted medjool dates (19-20 dates)
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- ½ cup freeze dried raspberries
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus more for rolling
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
- 1-2 tablespoons warm water, if mixture is dry.
- Add the dates, almonds, raspberries, coconut, cocoa powder and chia seeds to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture is thick and crumbly.
- Add the almond butter, and almond extract and continue to pulse. Take a small amount of mixture and press it between your fingers. If it sticks together easily and can roll into a ball shape, it's ready. If the mixture is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, pulsing in between, until mixture is sticky enough to hold its shape.
- Roll the mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll in shredded coconut or cocoa powder, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.