- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks, divided
- 3/4 cup chocolate candies, divided into 1/2 cup and 1/4 cup
- For topping :: Extra chocolate chunks, chocolate candies, flakey sea salt, ice cream of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, brown sugar, and salt, and whip together until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, and beat together until combined with the butter and sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and mix with the wet ingredients. Add the 2nd cup of flour and the baking soda to the mixing bowl and mix until the batter comes together.
- Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chunks and 1/2 cup of the chocolate candies to the mixing bowl and mix just until everything comes together and the chocolate is evenly distributed. The batter should be thick.
- Grease a 12" skillet with the wrappers from the sticks of butter, add the batter and press into the skillet and spread into an even layer. Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 28 - 30 minutes, until the edges are just turning golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove skillet from oven and top with extra chocolate and chocolate candies, and flakey sea salt. Serve warm and out of the skillet or let cool completely and slice to serve.