- 1 box Barilla Bucatini
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolks, 1/2 of the cheese and milk. Season with salt. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, sauté zucchini and peas in olive oil for 30 seconds. Turn off heat.
- When pasta is ready, add to zucchini and peas in the pan.
- Slowly add egg yolk mixture while tossing, along with 2 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Add remaining cheese while tossing, then top with mint, lemon zest, juice, a big pinch of salt and several grinds of black pepper, to taste.
- Give it all another big toss, then serve and enjoy!