- 2 pints raspberries, washed
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup amaretti cookies, crushed
- Place one pint of the raspberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Mix with a spoon and let macerate for at least 30 minutes and up to a few hours in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream on medium high until soft peaks form. Add the remaining teaspoon of sugar and the vanilla, and beat again just until combined.
- In 4 dessert glasses, place a dollop of cream, and top with a spoonful of macerated raspberries with the juice. Fold together just until they blend together a bit. Top with a sprinkle of crushed amaretti. Repeat the process to add another layer, then top each fool with amaretti and a couple fresh raspberries. Eat!