1 head of cauliflower, washed
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp honey
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and pepper
A few pitted dates, chopped
Slivered almonds, lightly toasted in a pan
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower in half, from top to bottom through the center of the stalk. Cut each half in half again, and then again, until you have eight steak like wedges of cauliflower. Keep all leaves attached, and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Whisk tahini with 1 tablespoon hot water, then mix with honey, turmeric, and olive oil. Pour mixture over the cauliflower steaks, spreading and flipping the cauliflower until evenly coated. Top with salt and pepper.
- Roast 10 minutes. Remove cauliflower from the oven and add dates. Then roast for 10-15 more minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with scallions, cilantro, and almonds. Serve warm.