- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped (including seeds if you like it super hot)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 large ripe-but-firm avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 c diced tomato
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, allowed to thaw for at least 10 minutes.
- In a mortar and pestle, combine onion, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic. Using a paring knife, cut a crisscross pattern into the meat of the avocado, then use a big spoon to scoop the cubes into the mortar and pestle.
- Add lime juice and salt and mash everything together. I like to leave a rough consistency, but if you prefer a smoother texture, purée in a blender.
- Gently fold tomatoes and frozen peas into the guacamole. Sprinkle with cilantro and a few more peas, and eat up! I love to serve these with tortilla chips and a mix of raw veggies for dipping.