- nonstick spray
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
for the streusel topping:
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Make the streusel by stirring nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl between additions. Add both extracts, and beat on high until mixture is very light yellow and increased in volume, for 5 minutes.
- To the bowl, add both flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, and mix them together with a fork before turning mixer on lowest speed. Beat for just about 20 seconds until you can't see any more flour. Gently fold in 1 1/2 cups blueberries.
- Transfer half the batter to the prepared pan. Sprinkle half of the streusel all over the top, then top with the remainder of the batter. Add the remaining 1/2 cup blueberries, and the rest of streusel to the top of the cake, then pop into the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake until the cake is golden brown and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan slightly, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before releasing from the springform pan. Slice and serve with a dollop of whipped cream!