For the pickled veggies:
- 1 medium daikon, julienned into thin strips
- 3 large carrots, julienned into thin strips
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
For the tofu:
- 1 tbsp of oil
- 3 small cloves of garlic, finely minced
- a pinch of red pepper flakes, optional for heat preferences
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, prepped by chopping off the ends, peeling off the dry layers, and finely chopping
- 8 oz of super firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tbsp of soy sauce
For the mushrooms:
- 2 8 oz containers of shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- base of choice - rice, greens, etc.
- sriracha mayo
- lime juice
- To prep the pickled veggies, add the julienned carrots and daikon into a clean and large mason jar or other sealable container. Set aside.
- Add the vinegars, water, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes into a stovetop pot and bring up to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for about a minute until the sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, for about 10 minutes. Pour the vinegar mixture over the veggies in the container. Allow to cool completely before sealing. Store in the fridge overnight.
- To prepare the tofu, add the oil to a stovetop pan and bring up to a medium heat. Add the lemongrass to the oil and sauté for about a minute until the lemongrass becomes fragrant. Add the garlic and red chili flakes and sauté for another minute.
- Add the cubed tofu to the pan and add the soy sauce, tossing the tofu with the lemongrass. Sauté for about 5 - 8 minutes until the tofu has taken on some color. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms. Add the soy sauce to the mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms have cooked through and taken on some color. Set aside.
- To prepare the bowl, add your base. Top with tofu and mushrooms, pickled veggies, and additional toppings of choice. Enjoy!