- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 12-ounce box orrechiette (or other short dried pasta)
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups broccolini, ends trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup full-fat ricotta
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- to serve: parmesan, chopped basil, flaky salt, freshly ground black pepper
- In a dutch oven or large skillet with straight sides, heat olive oil over medium. Sauté sliced garlic for about a minute, until it starts turning golden.
- Add 4 cups hot water, the kosher salt, and the orecchiette. Cook until almost al dente (about 10 min) stirring often and adding a little more water if it all evaporates.
- Add asparagus, broccolini, and frozen peas. Stir for about 3 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add tomatoes, ricotta, zest and juice of lemon, and butter, and stir until the pasta is coated in the sauce and tomatoes just start to soften, 1 - 2 minutes.
- Divide among bowls, top with parmesan and basil, season with salt and pepper to taste, and eat!