- 2 medium russet potatoes, about 350g of potato
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp chaat masala
- 3/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tbsp of arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1/2 of a serrano pepper, de-seeded and chopped (optional depending on heat preferences)
- 2 - 3 tbsp of oil for cooking
- Boil the potatoes using your preferred method. I clean and wash my potatoes, peel and cube them, and place them into a stove top pot. Cover with water and bring up to a boil until the potatoes are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes. Drain and add the cooked potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Let your potatoes cool completely before proceeding.
- Once your potatoes are cooled, mash them, it's okay to have a few lumps. Add all of the spices and arrow root powder to the mashed potatoes and stir until the spices are evenly distributed. Taste and adjust spices and salt as needed.
- Add the chopped serrano pepper to the spiced potatoes and mix to combine. *OPTIONAL - for extra flavor and texture, you can sauté some chopped onion and peas in a pan until the onions are translucent. Let cool and add to the potatoes at this stage.
- To a stove top pan, add the oil and bring up to a medium heat. While the oil is heating up, form the potato patties depending on the size and number of burgers/sliders you're making. For sliders, I used about 2 - 3 cookie scoops worth of the spiced potato, forming a patty in my hands that was about an inch thick.
- Once the oil is heated up, place the patties in the pan in an even layer, cooking for about 6 - 8 minutes per side until they are golden brown. Remove from the pan and place onto a paper towel to soak up any extra oil.
- Assemble with desired ingredients onto sliders, enjoy!