- 6 - 8 peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, or any stone fruit, halved and pit removed
- olive oil
- rosemary or thyme
- flaky salt (I like Maldon)
- for serving: honey, vanilla ice cream, and amaretti cookies (optional)
- Heat a grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium heat, and brush grates with a little oil to keep the fruit from sticking.
- Place halved fruit in a bowl, and drizzle with oil and honey to lightly coat. Sprinkle with a little salt, then use tongs to place the fruit cut side down on the hot grates. Close the lid, and grill until char marks appear on the fruit, 4 - 5 minutes.
- At this point, you can flip them and cook a little longer if you want them to be more tender. I hate a mushy peach, so I remove mine after they're cooked on one side.
- Transfer to a serving platter, drizzle with honey, then serve with vanilla ice cream and crushed amaretti cookies. Dig in!