for the roast veggies ::
1 large sweet potato
1 large beet
salt and pepper
for the goat cheese spread ::
1 8oz package of goat cheese, softened at room temperature
1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
1 tbsp of fresh chopped basil
zest of 1/2 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
for assembly ::
hummus (homemade or store-bought)
greens of choice (I like arugula or sprouts)
sandwich bread of choice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a foil lined sheet tray, place your cleaned sweet potato and beet in the center of the sheet. Drizzle on olive oil to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the center rack of your oven and let roast for 40 - 45 minutes, until sweet potato and beet are tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To prep the goat cheese, place all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and combine until smooth and spreadable. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Peel the cooled beet and slice. Set aside.
- Slice the sweet potato and set aside, I leave the skin on but you can peel if you like.
- To assemble, build your sandwich by spreading hummus on one slice and the goat cheese on another slice. Add ingredients of choice and enjoy!