- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dark leafy greens (kale, chard, spinach), chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (or nut milk or oat milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously grease a muffin tin or place silicone muffin liners in tin.
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, then sauté onions and mushrooms until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, remaining salt and pepper, and power greens. Whisk in onion mixture.
- Divide evenly among muffin tin, filling each cup about 3/4 of the way.
- Add goat cheese to the top of each egg muffin, pressing down a bit, so that the cheese sits in the egg instead of on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked and golden on the edges.
*Egg bites keep up to 5 days in the fridge - just rewarm gently in the oven or at half power in the microwave.