For the Quinoa Patties:
- 2 packed cups spinach, steamed, squeezed and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated white cheese (cheddar, gruyere, and manchego are all great)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, panko or gluten free
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Avocado oil, for cooking
For the Avocado Sauce:
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh green herbs (parsley, basil, cilantro, chives etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. “Boss Sauce”
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Baby arugula, for serving
- Completely squeeze the water from the spinach and chop it small.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the chopped spinach, quinoa, grated garlic, lemon zest, onion, cheese, breadcrumbs and paprika. Let everything rest in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm up.
- While you wait, smash the avocados with the fresh green herbs, chimichurri, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. You want sort of a chunky guacamole texture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Form the quinoa mixture into 2-3” wide patties and cook for 5 minutes per side. Do not move them while cooking, they are delicate. Set aside and repeat with remaining mixture, heating up more oil in between.
- Serve the patties with the avocado sauce and arugula.