for the Italian Salsa Verde:
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
for the halibut:
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (5-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Make the salsa verde: In a food processor or blender, combine parsley, olive oil, anchovies, capers, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until parsley is well chopped but not pureed, scraping down sides as needed. Set aside.
- Make the fish: place asparagus on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to coat the asparagus and spread over sheet pan in a single even layer. Bake for 7 minutes to partially cook the asparagus. Remove the baking sheet from oven and push asparagus to sides of pan to make room for fish in the center.
- Place the halibut fillets on empty side of baking sheet. Drizzle fillets with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Return pan to oven and bake until halibut flakes easily with fork and asparagus is tender, 12 - 14 minutes. Serve hot with Italian salsa verde and lemon wedges.