for the salmon
1 pound wild-caught sockeye salmon filet, skin removed
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon grated lime zest
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
for the slaw
24 oz. of broccoli slaw
1/2 cup toasted sliced cashews
3/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
8 corn tortillas
2 medium ripe avocados, mashed
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. An hour before serving, prepare the slaw. Create the dressing by combining the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until mixed. Pour the dressing over the slaw in a large serving bowl, tossing it well. Add in the cilantro and additional salt and pepper as needed. Cover and let it marinate in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lay the salmon filet on a pan covered with parchment paper. For the seasoning, mix the chili powder, lime zest, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush the salmon with 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, 1 tablespoon of lime juice and sprinkle the seasoning on top. Roast for 12-15 min or until the salmon is cooked through.
5. While the salmon is cooking, heat the corn tortillas carefully over an open flame on the stove until crisped on the edges.
6. Mash the avocados in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of salt. Spread the avocado mixture across each tortilla as a base for the taco.
8. Right before serving, add the cashews to the slaw and mix well. Add a scoop of slaw and a few chunks of salmon to the taco and top with Sriracha or hot sauce of your choice.