- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice (uncooked )
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- wedge of parmesan
- chopped rosemary for garnish
- In a large skillet, warm olive oil over medium heat, then sauté mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook for 7 minutes until mushrooms are lightly browned and liquid is evaporated.
- Dump into a crock pot. Stir in rice, broth, butter, salt, pepper, and rosemary.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 3 hours (or low heat for 6 hours) until rice is tender.
- When ready to serve, top each bowl with lots of grated parmesan, a pinch of rosemary, and a little more salt and pepper. Eat!