for the spice blend:
- 3/4 tsp ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 tbsp of melted ghee
- 1 1/2 cup cooked grain of choice (farro, rice, quinoa, etc.)
- 2 cups of greens of choice
- 6oz of toasted halloumi
- veggies to top - cucumber, avocado, carrots, pickled veggies, etc.
- handful of fresh herbs like basil, mint, green onions, etc.
- dressing of choice
- Mix the spices together to create spice blend and set aside.
- Drain, rinse and completely dry one can of chickpeas.
- In a stovetop pan, add the ghee and bring up to a medium heat. Add the spice blend and toast for about a minute until the spices take on color and become fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and toss in the spices. Cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until the chickpeas have taken on color and become toasty. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Assemble bowl with grain of choice, greens, veggies, chickpeas, toppings of choice, and dressing. Enjoy!