dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian
For the crumble:
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the batter:
- 1 1/4 cup flour, 145g
- 1/4 cup almond flour + 1 tbsp, 30g
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground cinnamon, use 3/4 tsp if pre-ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp tahini or natural nut butter
- 3 large bananas (1 1/2 cup) mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the cups of a muffin tray with parchment or cupcake liners. Set aside.
- Prep the crumble by mixing the ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Prep the dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and tahini. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas and with a paddle attachment, mix the bananas with the tahini mixture until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. With a spatula, scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Scoop the batter evenly between the muffin liners. Evenly divide the crumble over the top of the batter in each liner.
- Place filled muffin tray on the middle rack of the oven, and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool in the tray for five minutes on a cooling rack. Then remove muffins from tray and let finish cooling on the rack.