dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes depending on heat preference
- hummus, homemade or store-bought
- sourdough bread
- optional: lemon juice or fresh herbs for topping
- In a large stove top pan, add the olive oil and bring up to a medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced garlic and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the grated carrots and stir. Add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the carrots. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until the carrots of softened but maintain their shape. You want them to still have a little bite.
- While the carrots cook, char slices of sourdough bread under the broiler or over open flame.
- To assemble, lather hummus onto sliced sourdough, and top with a few spoonfuls of the sautéed carrots.
- Top with additional optional toppings if desired. Enjoy.