- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp fresh ground cardamom
- Zest 1/2 orange
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachios, chopped
- white chocolate
- to finish: 2 tbsp chopped pistachios, 1/4 tsp orange zest, pinch of cardamom, pinch of finishing salt
- In a bowl, add the flour and salt, mix together.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, cardamom, and orange zest. Using your fingers, rub the zest into the sugar until the mixture feels like wet sand.
- Add the butter. Cream together with the sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour and mix together until smooth. The mixture should hold together when pressed together.
- Add the cranberries and pistachios and combine until evenly distributed.
- On a piece of wax paper, roll the dough out into a log about 3 inches wide. Wrap in the paper and place in the fridge for at least an hour and a half. This can also be made to rest overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the cookie dough into 1/2 inch slices. If the cookie breaks, just press the dough back together.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart and bake for about 12 - 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are cool, melt your white chocolate and drizzle on the cookie as desired.
- In a bowl, combine the finishing topping of chopped pistachios, orange zest, cardamom, and salt. Sprinkle over the cookies. Enjoy!