gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- optional toppings: fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, mint, etc.), plain greek yogurt, lime wedges, chopped avocado, sriracha, everything spice
- Preheat oven to 425. Use a sharp knife to halve sweet potatoes, then drizzle cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place cut side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet, then bake for 45 minutes, or until a knife can easily be inserted into the potato. You want it to be very tender, but not totally falling apart.
- In your largest cast iron skillet, melt the butter along with the honey over medium high heat. Add the cooked sweet potatoes, cut side down, and sear facedown for 3 - 5 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are caramelized and golden brown.
- Add whatever toppings you love: fresh herbs, greek yogurt, lime wedges, avocado, everything spice, sriracha... Enjoy!