- 2 16oz bags frozen chopped spinach, thawed (the water does not need to be squeezed out of the frozen spinach!)
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato masala*
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups paneer, cubed (you can add more if you prefer!)
- In a large stove top pot, add the thawed spinach and water. Bring up to a boil and cook for about 7 - 8 minutes. If the spinach looks dry at any point, at another 1/4 cup water as needed.
- Remove from heat. Using a hand held immersion blender (or a blender), blend the spinach until desired consistency is reached. I don't like to blend too much as a I like a little bit of texture - we're NOT going for a soup texture here!
- Add the tomato masala, salt, garam masala, chaat masala, and turmeric. Stir until combined. Taste and adjust spices as desired.
- Add the sour cream and stir to combine. Adjust salt as desired.
- Add the paneer cubes and stir to coat.
- Place the saag paneer back on the stove and on low heat, warm through.
- Serve warm with rice or roti. Enjoy!
* I keep tomato masala in my fridge at all times to make sabzi's like this. This is a great recipe to use - just half or quarter it for your cooking needs.