gluten-free, nut-free, vegetarian
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms (any kind), thinly sliced
- 4 big handfuls of spinach
- 6 eggs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- fresh herbs (basil, chives, dill, cilantro, parlsey - whatever you've got!), chopped
Preheat broiler. Warm a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Throw in your onion and garlic and sauté for a couple minutes, then add mushrooms. Sauté until mushrooms are tender and starting to turn golden-brown.
Meanwhile, whisk together your eggs with salt, pepper, and milk. Add the spinach to the pan and stir to mix, then use a spatula to press all the veggies in an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Drizzle with a little more olive oil, then pour the eggs all over the veggies in an even layer.
- Sprinkle on the goat cheese cheese, then when the bottom of the eggs are set, transfer the entire pan to the oven with the broiler on high.
As soon as the top of your frittata looks golden brown and when you shake the pan, it looks firm throughout, pull it out of the oven. Turn out of the pan onto a cutting board if you like (or serve straight from the skillet), shower it with any fresh herbs you've got, and slice into wedges. Eat!