by Anna Groves
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Handful of spinach
- 4 strips uncured, sugar/nitrite-free bacon
- 4 eggs, beaten together
- salt and pepper, to taste
- On medium heat, cook bacon until crisp (about 3-4 minutes each side)
- Remove bacon and drain fat, leaving a little in the pan.
- Add onions + red pepper, and sauté until softened- about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, chop up bacon.
- Crack eggs into pan. Swirl and gently fold until almost cooked through.
- Turn off heat, stir in spinach and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: Top with avocado and your favorite hot sauce (mine is Cholula) and serve with berries.