- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated parmesan, more for finishing
- Slice two zucchini into thin rounds, set aside. Slice the garlic cloves and the shallot into thin rounds as well, set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and set on the stove on high heat to bring to a boil. Remember to salt your pasta water!
- While you wait for the water to boil, add about 2-3 tbsp of olive oil to a large pan and set on medium heat. Once the oil starts to glisten, add the zucchini and shallots. Cook in an even layer, stirring occasionally so the zucchini takes on a little color and the shallot turns to translucent. Add the garlic.
- When the water comes up to a boil, add a big handful of spaghetti, enough for 2-3 people. Cook per package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, bring your zucchini down to low heat. Add about 1/4 of the zucchini to a blender with 1/2 cup of pasta water, a bunch of basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pulse together, you don't need this to be completely smooth. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1/2 cup of pasta water just in case you need it. Add the spaghetti to the pan with the zucchini and add the parmesan. Add the blended zucchini sauce.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve warm, top with extra salt, pepper, parmesan, and basil as needed.