for the crostini:
- 1 baguette (French baguette or gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
for the pea pesto:
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen peas (I used organic petite peas)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- sea salt to taste
- 1 14-oz can of artichokes in water (I used quartered artichokes)
- Thaw peas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Turn broiler on. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice baguette into 1-inch rounds. Place sliced baguette on baking sheet.
- Lightly drizzle each baguette with olive oil. Broil the baguette rounds for 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain artichokes.
- In a food processor, combine thawed peas, olive oil, parmesan cheese, mint leaves, basil leaves, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, garlic, and sea salt.
- Pulse until well-combined, but not overly smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed. Approximately 1-2 minutes. If the consistency is too thick, add 1-2 teaspoons of cold water.
- Place toasted baguette on a serving platter. Spoon pesto on top.
- Place 2-3 artichoke leaves on each crostini.
- Serve with lemon zest, red chili flakes, a drizzle of more olive oil, etc.! Enjoy immediately. Store any leftover pesto in the fridge for up to five days. Toss any leftover artichokes into a salad or pasta.