- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red Thai chile, sliced paper-thin
- zest of one lime
- 1/2 lb flank steak
- purchased Asian marinade (I use a sesame-ginger marinade, although teriyaki works great too)
- fresh or dried linguine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (or arugula - your preference!)
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted roasted peanuts, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- Lime wedges and basil leaves, for serving
- Marinate the flank steak in marinade for 2 hours.
- In a bowl, combine the lime juice with the fish sauce, agave, oil, chile, & lime zest.
- Cook the linguine until al dente, drain and toss with a little oil.
- Grill the flank steak 4 minutes per side, let rest 4 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- In a bowl, toss scallions, mint, cilantro, basil, field greens, mango, cherry tomatoes, avocado & 1/2 cup peanuts with dressing. Toss in the noodles, then the beef. Mound the salad on plates or in a big family-style bowl in the center of the table. Sprinkle with remaining peanuts and serve with lime wedges and basil leaves.