for the skewers
- 5 metal skewers (10-12 inches long)
- 15 peeled deveined shrimp (jumbo are best, but any size shrimp will work)
- 8-oz package of white mushrooms (also known as button or champignon mushrooms)
- 10 mini bell peppers
- ½ large zucchini
- ½ large red onion
- 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil spray
- Store-bought tzatziki (or homemade tzatziki) and lemon wedges
- Oil grill with avocado oil spray. Turn the grill on to medium-high heat (approx. 350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place a piece of tin foil on a baking sheet.
- Use a dry cloth or paper towel, wipe off excess dirt from the mushrooms. Remove the stem from the mushrooms (so only the caps remain).
- Thinly slice zucchini into rounds.
- Peel the skin from the onion. Place the onion on a cutting board with the cut sides facing down. Cut the half in half, continuing until you have layered wedges.
- Begin threading one skewer. Start with any vegetable, alternating every few vegetables with a shrimp.
- Place skewer on tin oil. Repeat four more times.
- Spray both sides of the skewers, fully coating all ingredients.
- Sprinkle all ingredients with lemon juice, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place skewers on the grill, grilling for 3-5 minutes on one side. Using an oven mitt, flip skewers and grill for another 3-5 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink and veggies are charred.
- Serve immediately with tzatziki.