- 2 ready made pound cakes, sliced in half lengthwise - use whatever version you like from the freezer section
- 2 different half gallons ice cream flavors for layering - I used vanilla and strawberry - softened but not melted
- jam of choice - I used raspberry preserves
- chocolate shell - to make homemade, melt dark chocolate with a small spoon of coconut oil and melt in microwave in 30 second increments
- fresh fruit to top
- Cut the cakes using the ring mold to cut out 8 round cake bases. Place each base inside the bottom of your ring mold on a sheet tray.
- Layer the first ice cream on top of the cake inside the ring molds. Use an offset spatula or spoon to flatten the top. Place in freezer until the ice cream is set.
- Remove from freezer and add a layer of jam.
- Add the second layer of ice cream, again using an offset spatula or spoon to flatten out.
- Freeze until solid, ideally overnight.
- To serve, remove cakes from ring molds and set on serving tray or plates. Top with melted chocolate and fresh fruits. Enjoy!