- 1 pie crust
for the filling:
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (fresh shredded is best!)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated
- leaves from 3-4 sprigs of thyme
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
for the topping:
- steamed summer vegetables of choice: I used snap peas, asparagus, squash, zucchini, and radishes
- fresh herbs of choice: I like adding some big tears of basil and green onion
- salt and pepper
- lemon juice
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- Prep the filling. In a bowl, add all of the ingredients and stir until combined.
- Lay pie crust onto lined sheet tray and spoon the filling into the middle of the crust. Spread into a layer leaving about an inch and a half border of the dough. Fold the dough edges over the filling, overlapping as needed.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 400* F and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden on sides and bottom. Remove from oven and set aside.
- To serve, add fresh steamed veggies on top of tart, salt and pepper, and a generous squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy!