- 8 crispy tostada shells
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 can refried black beans
- 2 cups shredded roast chicken
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, stems removed
- lime wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey and oil. In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, carrots and lime juice mixture. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- Warm black beans in a saucepan set over medium-low. I sometimes add a tablespoon of water to thin them out a bit.
- On each tostada shell, spread a thin layer of refried black beans, then top with marinated slaw and 1/4 cup chicken. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, and serve each with hot sauce and lime wedges.