- Summer veggies: cherry tomatoes, dragon tongue or green beans, cucumbers, baby squash slices, and sweet peppers
- To assemble the crudités platter in the hot summer months, pack cherry tomatoes, dragon tongue or green beans, cucumbers, baby squash slices, and sweet peppers on top of ice. This will keep the veggies super cool and very crisp.
Julie's Classic Ranch (makes about 2 cups)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise, such as Best Foods or
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from ½ lemon) 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ? teaspoon Tabasco hot sauce
- Shake all ingredients in a large jar until smooth. Taste for seasoning. (Can be made 1 week ahead; refrigerate.)
Tip: It’s easy to dry herbs at home by plucking leaves and putting them on a baking sheet in the lowest setting on your oven (180°F to 200°F) until dry, about 1 hour.