- Two 8 or 9-inch layer cakes
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint each raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Whip the cream: In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) use a whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream (on medium speed) until it holds firm peaks. Set aside until ready to use.
- Macerate the berries: Add all berries to a large bowl, along with the sugar. Gently fold together, and let sit for 20 - 30 minutes.
- If your cakes are domed in the center, use a long serrated knife to cut the rounded part off to give you two flat sides.
- On your serving plate or cake stand, place the first cake layer. Use a large spoon to add a few big scoops of cream to the center, then spread it almost to the edges. Add a few smaller scoops of berries in an even layer, then top with your next cake layer.
- Repeat with more cream, and more berries, ending by piling on more of your prettiest berries and (if you want), some edible flowers on top. And on the sides.
- Slice and eat!