for the salad:
- 1/3 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of mayo (vegan or regular)
- squeeze of dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- small squeeze of honey (or agave)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 stems of green onions, chopped
- bread of choice
- Rehydrate the cranberries. In a bowl, add the dried cranberries and pour hot water over them. Let them sit and soak for about 15 minutes.
- While the cranberries are rehydrating, prep the rest of the salad. In a large mixing bowl, add about 1/3 of the cannellini beans. Mash with a fork until smooth. Add the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, honey, and salt and pepper. Stir until smooth. Taste and adjust as needed.
- In a small bowl, add the chickpeas. Mash with a fork. You don't need them completely smooth, but you want to create some texture.
- Add the mashed chickpeas and remaining cannellini beans to the large bowl with the chopped celery and green onions.
- Drain and dry the cranberries and add to the mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine and adjust taste as desired.
- Serve over bread with your favorite sandwich toppings or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!