- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- pinch turmeric (optional for colour)
- 1 cup cashews
- pinch pepper for sprinkling
- pinch paprika for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 lb macaroni noodles
- Chop the cauliflower florets into small pieces and set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil (for the macaroni noodles).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large deep skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped shallot and garlic and cook to soften, 5 mins. Pour in the almond milk, nutritional yeast, dijon mustard, miso, sea salt and turmeric. Bring to a simmer on medium-high heat and whisk to combine.
- Add the chopped cauliflower florets and cashews into the skillet and simmer, with the lid on, until the cauliflower is very soft, 15 minutes. Transfer to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Then pour the cheese sauce back into the skillet.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta noodles until al-dente, about 7 mins. Scoop the cooked noodles into the skillet with the sauce and mix everything to combine. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with pepper and paprika.