dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, vegan, vegetarian
Make-Ahead Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- 8 yukon gold potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 3 rosemary sprigs, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Wash and peel potatoes, then cut into fourths. Add to a large pot with the garlic cloves and rosemary. Cover with water by about an inch and add ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the water to a boil, then cover and cook for about 25 minutes until tender
- Turn off heat, drain potatoes well and discard the rosemary sprigs. Return the potatoes to the pot so that any additional water evaporates.
- Add the remaining salt, pepper, and olive oil, and use a hand mixer to blend until smooth. Don't overmix or it'll become gummy.
- Top with a little extra olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary and Enjoy!