- 2 - 3 pounds of potatoes of choice (yukon, fingerling, baby potatoes, etc.)
- 10 oz of pesto, half for roasting and half for dressing
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- big pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan
- juice from 1/2 large lemon
- optional: parmesan shavings and basil leaves to top
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the potatoes. For smaller potatoes, halve them. For larger yukon gold potatoes, halve and hasselback.
- Add the potatoes to a large sheet tray - I prefer to roast with parchment paper for crisper edges, but use if you like. Add 1/2 of the pesto, 1 tbsp of olive oil, a large pinch of salt and pepper and stir to coat the potatoes.
- Chop the top of a head of garlic off. Place the garlic bulb into a piece of foil, drizzle with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt, and wrap with the foil. Place on sheet tray with the potatoes.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 45 - 50 minutes. Halfway through, add the grated parmesan and flip the potatoes. Continue baking until crisp and fork tender. Remove from oven.
- Take the garlic bulb and squeeze out the cloves. Chop and scrape the garlic cloves into a paste, and mix with the remaining pesto. Toss the garlic pesto over the hot potatoes.
- To serve, place warm potatoes into serving bowl, drizzle with lemon juice, add parmesan shavings, and basil leaves. Salt to taste. Enjoy!