- 2 acorn or kabocha squash, seeded and sliced into half-moons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) salted butter
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss together the squash, olive oil, brown sugar, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of kosher salt and pepper, tossing to coat. Transfer to the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, until the squash is golden and tender, turning halfway through cooking.
3. Meanwhile, heat the butter, hazelnuts, and a pinch of salt in a skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is browned and the hazelnuts are toasted. Remove from the heat.
4. Arrange the squash on a serving plate, pour over the brown butter, and top it with hazelnuts.