- vegetables of choice: for this recipe, I used 1 bulb of garlic, halved, then chopped when finished cooking, 1/2 of a small yellow onion (diced), 1 small leek (thinly sliced), 3-4 ramps, chopped, and 1 large yukon gold potatoes (microwaved for 2 minutes and then cubed)
- crust of choice (i.e. pie crust, puff pastry, etc.)
- 2-3 tbsp grated parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 6oz goat cheese, crumbled
- to top and serve: fresh greens, peas, pickled shallots, lemon juice, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep vegetables and add to a sheet tray, spaced out so they have room to cook. If you need, use two sheet trays. Bake in oven for 25-35 minutes, flipping vegetables halfway through. Add tender vegetables that need less cooking time, like ramps, at the halfway point to the tray.
- While the vegetables finish cooking, prep your 9 inch pie pan. Line pie pan with your crust. Remove vegetables from oven, set aside, and lower the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- If using a standard pie crust or puff pastry, line with parchment and pie weights to par bake. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove parchment and pie weights, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake another 10 minutes until golden. If using phyllo, butter and flour the pie pan and layer the sheets of pastry until the pie tin is covered. Bake for 10 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan, and bake until golden. Remove crust from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the crust cools, prep the custard. In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, milk, soy sauce, and pepper. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the quiche, set the pie pan with the crust onto a sheet tray. Layer the vegetables and goat cheese in the pie dish. The pour the custard over the vegetables.
- Place the sheet tray with the filled quiche in the oven and bake for about 40-50 minutes until the custard is set. Let cool until ready to serve. Top with ingredients of choice, enjoy!