- 1 1/2 cups brewed espresso (I make mine with espresso powder mixed with hot water, according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup chambord (or feel free to sub another liqueur)
- 1 cup mascarpone
- Seeds of vanilla bean, or ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 24 ladyfingers
- 2 pints raspberries
- bittersweet chocolate shavings
- Mix espresso and chambord in a bowl.
- Put mascarpone, vanilla bean seeds, and sugar in electric mixer with whisk attachment. Add half of cream and mix until just smooth–scrape down sides, then add remaining cream and salt. Beat until thick and soft peaks form.
- Dip half of ladyfingers quickly into espresso liquid, then place in bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. When bottom of dish is covered, spread half the mascarpone mixture over. Top with a layer of raspberries, then repeat with remaining ladyfingers and cream.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Shave bittersweet chocolate over top and cut into squares. Eat!