- Watermelon wedges, sliced about ½ inch thick
- Cubed feta or goat cheese (depending on your preference)
- Fresh basil or mint leaves (depending on your preference)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh sea salt flakes
- Set your grill to high heat. Brush watermelon slices with olive oil and grill until lightly charred, about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool slightly or completely (depending on your preference and the heat of the day).
- Layer with a bit of cheese and a fresh herb leaf, a sprinkling of salt, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. (A little goes a long way!)
- To hold together, serve salad as skewers, with a toothpick, or throw all the components together as a salad (adding some arugula is a great choice).